As a Web Content Judge, your ultimate goal will be to contribute towards making internet search more exciting, relevant and interesting for all end-users in the US. This is a part-time, work from home role with Lionbridge involving Search Engine research. You will play a part in improving the quality of one of the largest search engines in the world. The Web Content Judge Program is a worldwide program assisting some of the most popular search engines increase the level of relevance for their users. This work involves rating keyword and searches term pairs, based on a set of guidelines, covering a variety of tasks to include web sites, images, videos, text, and advertisements to name a few. You will have the flexibility and freedom to work from your own home, working your own hours. Hours for this role are a minimum of 10, maximum of 20 hours per week depending on availability. Payment will be based on the completion of the agreed-upon tasks or engagements within the specified time period. This is a freelance, independent contractor position.
- Fluency in English is essential, additional language skills are an advantage
- Must be working and living in the US for a period of 5 years
- Familiarity with current and historical business, media, sport, news, social media, and cultural affairs, etc. in your country
- A keen interest in the Internet e.g. researcher, blog writing, forums, website publishing
- Flexibility to complete a variety of different tasks following standard sets of guidelines
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and excellent communication are essential
- Ability to work independently and flexibly to new techniques/processes
- Preferred level of education/certification – Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Work from the home office environment
- PC with Windows 10. Apple OS or older versions of Windows are not acceptable
- High-Speed Internet connection. The minimum upload speed of 1mbps
- Software applications, e.g. Antivirus software, Adobe Flash Player, Acrobat Reader, Adobe Shockwave player, Microsoft Silverlight, etc.
- Flexible Hours. You will have the flexibility and freedom to work from your own home, working your own hours, Sunday – Saturday, depending on availability of tasks
- Further opportunities may arise to contribute to other tasks and projects on a freelance basis.