This Tortilla can also be name Tortilla Espanola, this Spanish meal is often considered as country’s national dish and it is commonly eaten as a type of tapa. Also, you can easily by it already made in a store and try it as a snack. It’s a great comfort food and it’s pretty easy to make.
Time: 35 min
- 6 peeled potatoes
- 1 onion
- 6 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ olive oil
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, into ⅛ in-thick pieces, peel onion and chop it as well. Place potatoes and onions in a bowl and toss with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan on about medium-high. Add potatoes, onions and cook it until potatoes get soft, potatoes should be almost covered by the oil. When potatoes is cooked then remove it from the pan and drain it. The best would be if you cover the plate where you put potatoes with the towel and let potatoes to cool. The towel will absorb all the oil which you do not need.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and add potatoes mixture, leave it for 5 min.
- Add about 2 tbsp of oil to a pan at medium-high heat and when it is hot then add your potato egg mixture. Make sure it spreads evenly and cook until it’s get brown on the bottom, then it is time to flip.
- The hardest part of this recipe is to flip the Tortilla de patata, you should put a large plate upside down over the top of the pan and carefully flip it. Return your Tortilla de patata to the pan and cook the other side of Tortilla, leave it for about 2-3 min and the turn of the heat and let it sit for 2 more min before serving.
Enjoy your meal!