Are you craving for some waffles, but don’t have eggs or you are vegan? Then this recipe is great for you. You can make your waffles sweet or savoury. For example, for sweet waffles, you can add some honey, fruits, berries on top of it. For savoury waffles, you can have some cheese with it. I enjoy making a bit more waffles and freeze it. When I am in a hurry, I just take it out and go with my day.
- 1/3cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups of water
- 1 slice fresh apple
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1½ cups oats
- ½ tsp salt
- First, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Second, preheat waffle iron at medium or “waffle” setting until the light goes out. Spray hot iron very sparingly with olive oil before pouring the batter for the first waffle. It will probably not be necessary to re-spray again if using a non-stick waffle iron.
- Then bake waffle for 15 minutes. Remove and pour another, resetting the timer for 15 minutes.
- The batter will thicken as it sits in the blender so may need to add a little water (¼ cup) and blend again to be able to pour.