Time: 1,5 hour
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 0,5 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups medium-grain paella rice
- 3 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 12 jumbo shrimps in their shells
- 16 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- In a large pan cook onions and pepper in oil until they become soft, for about 5 min. Then add garlic and cook when it becomes soft as well, but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, paprika, saffron and cook it until tomatoes has consistency of jam then add the rice.
- In a saucepan combine stock and wine on a medium heat and bring to boil. Pour it to a pan with rice and again bring to boil, season with parsley and salt. Stir well to create an even consistency, because it should be your last stir. Simmer over low heat for about 20 min, occasionally rotating the pan for even cooking.
- Cook the shrimp in the same pan by laying it on top of the rice until they become pink, about 10 min then flip them.
- Meanwhile steam the mussels in a covered frying pan with water for about 5 min. They are done when they are open
- If you see that rice are getting dry the put more stock. Arrange shrimps and mussels around the top of the rice and serve it with the pan.