Another great breakfast recipe and it’s great for the morning because red lentils cook very quickly, though other types of lentils may be used for this tasty dish as well. If you choose grey, green, brown, or another type of lentils, increase cooking time to about an hour. 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15oz jar or can of stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste or to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, in a large pot, add water, lentils, and onion.
- Secondly, bring to a boil and then lower heat and keep it simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are done.
- Then add tomatoes, garlic, turmeric, curry paste, salt and pepper.
- Finally, cook for 5 minutes more and add spinach, cook another minute or two until spinach is just wilted. Try not to overcook it.