A national Lithuanian dish – Kugelis which is like potato pudding. Soft in the inside and crispy on the outside. In Lithuanian cuisine the most popular ingredients are potatoes and pork so be prepared to be full if you visit Lithuania.
Time: 2 hours
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- Onion finely chopped
- 3 beaten eggs
- 5 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ cup hot milk
- Preheat oven to 220 °C. Add bacon to pan and bake it on a medium-high flame until release fat and begins to brown. Also, add onions and cook it for 4-5 min.
- In a huge bowl mix grated potatoes, hot milk, beaten eggs, salt, pepper and also bacon, onion. Pour this mixture into a greased baking trail.
- Bake it in the oven for about 15 min, then reduce the heat to 180 °C and continue for 45 min. Kugelis should be brown on a top.
- Cut into squares and eat it with sour cream.
Tip: you can add any meat in Kugelis, like chicken or grated pork.
Check the newest recipes: