Tasty Burrata which just melts in your mouth is a great ingredient for the Summer. This recipe is super simple, but you know as they say “perfection is in the simplicity”. My secret of this recipe is that I sometimes mix fresh strawberries with some apple cider or lemon. This salad dressing is incredibly tasty. So let’s begin with the recipe:
- 8 oz, 230 g burrata, packed in water
- 2 or 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
BURRATA SALAD PREPARATION:
- Firstly, place the burrata in the middle of a bowl. If you use a low bowl it will look more pretty, also I recommend to use a darker colour bowl.
- Next, cut the tomatoes into big slices and arrange them around the burrata. Later, top with basil.
- Then, drizzle the salad with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, just before serving drizzle over some balsamic vinegar. Enjoy the salad on its own or with some crusty Italian bread.
If you like you can use Mozarella, but Burrata is way tastier and creamier. For the balsamic vinegar choose thicker, aged balsamic which has sweet-tart flavour. Also, always choose fresh basil.
If you like it, pin it!
Check the newest recipes:
# Italian recipe