Light as air, but creamy rich mascarpone cream, layered together with coffee soaked ladyfingers. My mouth is watering even when I think about it. I love recipes which you do not have to bake, because it’s easy to make and perfectly suitable for any party. Also, you can make Tiramisu ahead and usually Tiramisu is better the next day, because all the ingredients mix together. Plus, people usually are impressed by this dessert.
There are hundreds of Tiramisu recipe’s varieties like without any alcohol, with egg whites and without any cream, some use instant espresso and some only real brewed coffee. After a few experiments you will find out which Tiramisu recipe suits your need, but I will share today the most authentic recipe.
Recipe of traditional Tiramisu
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 Marsala wine
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 450 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 cup brewed espresso
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp coffee liqueur or brandy
- 50 lady fingers
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 g almonds
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp egg white
- Firstly, in a large metal bowl mix egg yolks, Marsala, sugar and set it over a pot of simmering water.
- Secondly, whisking cook the mixture until it becomes thick and doubled in volume. Approximately, 5 minutes. Then remove from the heat and whisk in the mascarpone. Separately whip cream and then mix in mascarpone mixture. Set filling aside.
- Next, mix the espresso, powdered sugar and liqueur together in a shallow dish. Then, One at a time dip the lady fingers into this mixture and arrange it in even layer in the bottom. Line ladyfingers in two straight rows of 12.
- Finally, spread half the filling over the lady fingers and repeat. Then, spread the rest of the filling on top. Continue by dusting with cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
If you like it, pin it!
Check the newest recipes:
# Italian recipe