Unfortunately not every day we have hours to spend in the kitchen. So some hacks or fast recipes could really help to save time and to prepare healthy, tasty meals. Chicken is the easiest to cook meat but in this recipe try not to overcook it. Also, I enjoy this recipe with some rice (the best is brown rice, but they cook longer) and some steamed or frozen vegetables.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds (750g) chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- brown rice
- Firstly, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Put rice to cook as well and steam veggies if you want to.
- Secondly, lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. Don’t overuse it, because soy sauce is also salty.
- Thirdly, add the chicken to the pan and brown on one side, around 3-4 min.
- In that time, make the glaze. Mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Then, add the sauce to the pan and coat the chicken pieces with it. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve it with steamed rice and veggies, drizzle some sauce from the pan on the rice and you are ready to go.