Time: 40 min
- 2 seedless cucumbers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced) (optional)
- Slice cucumbers very thinly – this is easier done with mandoline or the slicer opening on a box grater.
- Salt the cucumbers and place them on a colander to drain for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, dill and parsley.
- Gently fold in cucumber and sliced onion, if desired.
- Let rest 15 minutes, then serve.