(Remote job – USA only)
Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We produce high-quality content and strategy that help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow.
The Director of People Ops plays a pivotal role in creating a culture and experience at Animalz that makes employees enjoy working here and proud to represent the company.
They accomplish this by focusing on three things:
- Employee experience
- Company culture
- Employer brand
As Director of People Ops, you are responsible for developing, retaining and overseeing the hiring of top talent. You will build a culture of learning (driven by curiosity and experimentation), support (driven by kindness and collaboration), and growth (driven by a pursuit of excellence and high ambition).
This role requires strength in two key areas: vision and execution. A successful Director of People Ops at Animalz takes a big picture approach to even the smallest tasks. They tie everything they do back to a greater mission and can paint a picture showing how their work depicts their beliefs, ideas, and philosophy of culture at Animalz
You are a confidant and advisor to senior leadership, in particular the CEO and COO, surfacing opportunities, issues, and trends that can be addressed at the company level. You understand how the employee experience impacts the customer experience and in turn, the growth of our brand, so you work closely with senior leadership to create, instill, protect company values.
The Head of People Ops leads by example and upholds Animalz values systematically.
- Understands and owns the employee lifecycle from onboarding to retention, promotion and performance improvement for all roles.
- Collaborates with leaders to align all company initiatives around our values and continuously improve the employee experience.
- Works closely with the head of customer ops to give the team the support they need to keep our customers and our network at the center of our culture
- As an advocate for the team, the Director of People Ops works from multiple angles to maintain productive, supportive working relationships
- Acts as a liaison between the team and the leadership team,
- Advises management and leadership on communication best practices
- Resolves conflict
- Makes company culture a priority: Takes a systematic yet personal and creative approach to creating a supportive, inclusive, fun, open company culture.
As Director of People Ops, you will oversee both talent recruiting and retention. You will manage our talent recruiter and be directly responsible for executing all retention-related tasks. This includes:
- Performance management, compliance, diversity & inclusion, employee retention, learning and development, and employee relations.
- Develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance and retention.
Benefits and Admin
- Payroll, yearly open enrollment process, benefits administration
- Identify new benefits offerings as the team grows
- Create and implement team bonding initiatives to foster an engaged remote culture.
- Serve as a trusted resource to all employees, and guide them through career development and interpersonal conversations
- Work with talent recruiter to implement campaigns and initiatives that grow awareness and love for Animalz among content marketers
- Understand and evaluate the competitive landscape and evaluate market trends to better inform compensation and benefits offerings
- Oversee talent recruiting
- Help build annual hiring plans
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote job. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is not a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional endeavors. This position is open only to candidates in the US.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in People Ops/Human Resources, preferably at a startup or agency
- Expert at prioritization. They can quickly identify the highest impact items in a long list of tasks
- Uniquely skilled at anticipating potential problems before they arise
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making;
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including international, federal, state, and municipal employment laws
- Experience in crafting and managing compensation practices
- High level of integrity and ability to use good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Special preference is given to those who have lead or participated in team and/or leadership coaching programs
- Must be located within the US
- Work from anywhere you like (during EST business hours)
- Company-sponsored health insurance covering 80% of the premium for medical and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year (including holidays)
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy a lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and conferences
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks for primary-care provides and up to 6 weeks for secondary-care providers)