When I was a kid whenever I had to make mashed potatoes I knew that it is a celebration time. Mashed potatoes are perfect with any type of meat and fish. Also, it is a great side dish for Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 pounds (1kg) potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp is best
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Firstly, obviously peel and cut potatoes into quarters.
- Secondly, put potatoes in a large pot and cover it with cold, salted water by an inch. Then, bring to a boil, reduce heat down to medium-low and allow it to simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Thirdly, drain cooked potatoes and add in the hot milk, sour cream and butter.
- Finally, mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth, adding a little bit extra milk if you see it’s needed.
- Also, add in the garlic and parmesan cheese and pepper and salt to taste.