I love these coleslaw salads, sometimes it’s a great alternative dinner meal when you want something filling, but light. Also, great with steak or fish. It takes only 5 – 10 minutes to make, it is homemade and fresh salads to enjoy with friends.
- 8 cups (1500 g) cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (200 g) red cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 cup (170 g) mayonnaise (I recommend making your own mayonnaise, check my recipe)
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
COLESLAW SALAD PREPARATION:
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined. Add in the coleslaw mix and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Note: if you want to make KFC Cole Slaw: make it with milk, buttermilk, cabbage, onion and carrots, lemon juice. This is the KFC copycat.
If you like it, pin it!
# Russian recipes