Easy, crispy outside and perfectly soft inside CIRENG! Indonesian street food, not really nutritional, but so tasty.
- 150 g. Tapioca Flour and additional 50g.
- 2 crushed cloves of Garlic
- 2 finely chopped stalks of scallion
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt (to taste).
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar (to taste).
- 1 tsp. Shrimp powder
- 150 ml. Water
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp black soya sauce
- 6 finely chopped bird’s eye chili pepper.
- 1 tsp fried shallot.
- 1/2 tsp. Water
- A drizzle of lime juice
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir it well.
- For the starter, pour water into a saucepan. Put the Tapioca into the pan and stir it until it is spread evenly.
- After the liquid is mixed well, put it on the stove on a small heat. Stir it until it thickens and turns into a consistency which looks like glue. Then immediately put the starter into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Knead and pinch the starter and dry ingredients together until it sticks well in the starter.
- Be careful because the starter is so hot and you need to be careful when you mix it.
- After you create a beautiful dough, shape it into circles.
- Put oil into a deep fry pan on medium heat.
- Fry the dough until the outside looks white and crispy.
- You are ready to enjoy your perfect Cireng. Now mix all the ingredients of the sauce in a small bowl and enjoy!