What is a better way to start morning than with espresso and churros con chocolate.
Time: 35 min
- 1 ¼ cups water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar, optional plus 3 tbsp for serving
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp cinnamon, optional
- 2 cups milk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- In a saucepan heat the water with salt, 1 tbsp of sugar, and butter over high heat. In a mixing bowl sift the flour and when the water boils add the flours. Stir continuously until the dough comes away from the sides. Pour your dough into a bowl and let it cool slightly. Beat the eggs in to a bowl and mix it with the dough. Spoon the dough into a piping bag with fluted nozzle.
- Fill a high-sided frying pan with oil, churros have to boil in the oil so there should be a lot of it. When the oil is about 180 C the squeeze the dough into a stripes, leave the room so the stripes does not touch each other. When churros gets brown drain it on paper towel. Pour cinnamon and sugar on it.
- While churros are frying, mix milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook it until chocolate is smooth. Pour the chocolate into a dish for dipping and serve churros immediately.
Check the newest recipes:
# Spanish recipes