When I cook something similar to Chicken pot pie I fill like that perfect stay at home mom form American movies, who cooks perfect meals. And I don’t even have kids. This chicken pot pie reminds me of home. This classic chicken pot pie recipe has a buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a mix of chicken and vegetables. Also, perfect for picnics and other occasions.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (43g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 (450g) cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- Firstly, heat the oven to 425°F (200 ° C). Prepare your pie crusts as it is directed on the box using a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter then add onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring until tender. Then, stir in flour pepper and salt. Finally, stir in broth and milk, and cook stirring until thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Pour the chicken mixture into the pan which is prepared with chicken pot pie crust. Top with second crust, seal edge (you can make quite pretty sealing if you’ll be original). Cut slits in several places.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of pie baking, cover crust with strips of foil. It will prevent excessive browning. Before serving let it sit for about 5 minutes.