- Cheese: Grana Padano shavings or parmigiano reggiano (hard cheese of your choice)
- 4 slices of Tuscany type bread, with less salt
- 3 garlic gloves
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp flour
- pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- about 150 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking sheet, toast the bread until it becomes crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Cut one garlic clove in half and rub the toast with the garlic.
- Sprinkle 50 g of cheese shavings evenly over the toast; set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms in thin slices. Dice the bell pepper just over 1 cm pieces.
- Cut remaining garlic cloves into thin slivers.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan; add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and give off liquid, about 5 minutes. Add in the bell pepper and garlic slivers; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce the heat to medium- low. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until incorporated, about 2 minutes; add the cream and bring to a simmer
- To serve, divide the hot mushroom mixture evenly over each bruschetta and top with the remaining cheese shavings.