If you have over-ripe bananas and you are a bit of a lazy cook this recipe is definitely for you.
- 2 big ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F), and butter a loaf pan it should be with tall sides.
- In a bowl, stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas (mash bananas smoothly with a fork).
- Add in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, egg, and extract of vanilla. Add in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour at 175°C (350°F).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes only then remove from the pan and let cool completely. Slice it and serve. Use a bread knife to make slices without crumbliness.)