I grew up in Europe and from my childhood, I remember how I saw in movies those huge mountains of American fluffy pancakes and I always wanted to try it. Now it’s the time to master those perfect looking pancakes. Perfect breakfast recipe.
- 135g (4¾oz ) flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 130ml (4½fl oz) milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Maple syrup or butter for serving
- Sift the flour with baking powder, caster sugar, and salt. In another bowl whisk together egg and milk, then also whisk in the melted butter.
- Then pour the milk and flour mixture together using a fork and beat it until you have a smooth consistency. Let it stand for several minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a bit of butter. Then, add a ladle of the mixture (depends on the pan size). It can seem too thick but this is how it should be. Cook it until the top of the pancake begins to slowly bubble and then turn it over. Cook another side until it becomes golden brown and it has risen about 1cm thick.
- Repeat until you use all the mixture. Eat it immediately because those pancakes taste the best when you just take it from the pan. Also, if you need to wait for something you can keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve it with real maple syrup or extra butter or my favourite is cream and strawberries. Check also my Italian gelato recipe.
Also, I found this super cute pan for pancakes which will help you to make your pancakes the same sizes: