After using Grammarly now I can’t imagine writing without it, it really improved my writing and when I write in other languages I feel like missing something, but let’s begin from the begging and check my full review of Grammarly.
What is Grammarly?
It’s a program which detects mistakes of
- word choice;
When you write text on almost any website online, on email, documents, social media networks, or on your own website.
How does Grammarly work?
- Firstly you need to download Grammarly extension to your browser
- Then after restarting your browser, you will immediately see if you wrote a word incorrectly because it would be underlined in red
- If you put your mouse on an underlined word you would see a suggestion on how to change an incorrect word.
- That’s it, yes it is so easy.
My honest Grammarly review
I actually tried Grammarly just like 3 months ago, but it made my life so much easier. I didn’t think that I needed Grammarly before, but now that I am using it, I am a bit addicted. I not only use it to check my blog post’s grammar, but also to check grammar of emails, files, Facebook posts, translations and many more.
Additional Grammarly features
Of course, it provides spelling and grammar assistance in many forms of writing, it includes:
- Grammarly Cards (Free) – it gives explanations of grammar rules and gives some tips for how to avoid those mistakes in the future.
- Language Preferences (Free) – easily to switch between Canadian, American, British English dialect.
- Reporting (Free) –you can receive a great report explaining your accuracy in grammar, plagiarism, spelling, and vocabulary. It helps you to improve more.
- Plagiarism Checker (Premium plan) – Grammarly will scan the internet to cross-check and ensure no plagiarism was in your text. A great tool if you employ ghostwriters or if you are a student.
- Vocabulary Enhancement (Premium plan) – helps you to expand your lexicon and write more original by suggesting optimized by context synonyms for overused words. You feel like having a virtual teacher.
Difference between free and premium Grammarly plan
|Web Browser Extension||X||X|
|Personal Editor via Grammarly.com or Desktop App||X||X|
|Microsoft Word & Outlook Plugin (PC only)||X||X|
|Get Performance Stats via Email||X||X|
|See Definitions and Synonyms with Double Click||X||X|
|Vocabulary Enhancement Suggestions||X|
|+100 More Critical Grammar and Spelling Checks||X|
|Genre-Specific Writing Style Checks||X|
|Plagiarism Detector That Checks More Than 16 Billion Websites||X|
Grammarly plagiarism checker
Grammarly plagiarism checker can find plagiarism from millions of web pages as well as from some academic databases. Plagiarism checker is for free and it will tell you whether your text has duplicate content. With Premium plan, plagiarism checks and tells you if the text requires citations and gives you the resources you need.
Is it really worth it?
For sure! I can write and check my texts way faster now and I definitely make fewer mistakes now. I truly loved it, I was quite pessimistic about it, but once I tried Grammarly for free then I couldn’t stop using it and I am sure you will get addicted too. Check Grammarly now.
Do you need to use Grammarly?
- if you want to avoid embarrassing misspellings, typos, and grammatical mistakes;
- if you want to make your writing more clear and engaging;
- if your native language is not English and you want to master English better;
- if you want a tool that automatically corrects your writing on any website;
- if you buy services of ghostwriters or want to check for the plagiarism of the content.
If you are still not sure then just download an extension and try, because trying is for free and it changes things a lot.
Check also my latest blog post about how to make your texts more readable.